Communication: It is what makes businesses revolve in today’s fast-paced world. Being in contact with your co-workers, no matter where you are on the globe, has become canon in the modern marketplace.
And companies that have dependable, anywhere-access to all of their communication platforms are at an advantage over those that don’t.
Email and texting, of course, are designed for the new mobile era. But what about in-office voicemail?
Traditional Voice Communications Tech Falls Flat
Beyond outdated function, traditional in-house voice systems don’t offer needed stability from a budget and function standpoint. Equipment, maintenance, and upkeep all take their tolls on budget, potentially leaving companies with unplanned downtime of their most critical communication platform: phones.
The fact is, business voice communications solutions must change to fit with today’s mobile enterprises. It’s time to get out of the telecom management business and explore the possibilities of a hosted VoIP system.
Here are the top 5 reasons why SMBs are considering the implementation of hosted VoIP solutions today:
- Flexibility. Don’t leave the burden of planning, building, managing, and scaling your voiceover solution to your IT teams. Rather, just pay for a customized solution that fits your organization’s current needs. When circumstances change, you can easily scale your hosted service to meet your new needs.
- Reduced Capital Expense. Hosted VoIP is a smarter budget-based investment in regards to architecture and licensing. Phones running on VoIP, for instance, can be bundled as part of a solution plan, depending on your chosen provider. This saves companies time, effort, and additional dollars.
- Accessibility. Office voicemail is no longer chained to the headset locked in your office. With VoIP, your remote and traveling employees can have full access to all of their business communication systems, including phones.
- Enterprise Features. Unlike traditional voice systems where the only customization option employees have is their voicemail recording, VoIP systems come with a long list of features that will simplify the lives of your employees. Simplified conference features, automated call forwarding, personalized automated assistance are just a few of the many features. And all of this is bundled right into the solution.
- Reduced Management Costs. Hosted VoIP solutions help companies avoid further upfront investments in tech equipment that will be out-of-date in a matter of a few years. Alongside paying for replacement tech solutions, companies also save tremendous costs on maintenance and updates. And forget about hiring a VoIP specialist to come in, install, and manage your systems. Hosted communication solutions are provided "as a service," leaving the burden of managing the voice infrastructure to the service provider.
Overall, traditional on-premises phone systems had an advantage when picking up a phone and hearing a dial tone was all that was needed in business. But business has changed.
With the right vendor, today’s hosted voice systems provide the same benefits with additional flexibility and features that evolve and improve over time. Even disaster recovery solutions are built into today’s VoIP systems to ensure your teams are always connected.
If you're considering maintaining a traditional phone system on-site, you might want to think twice. Future-proofing your business communications with a hosted system just might be the best choice for your organization.
Discover the simplicity and quality of Oxford Networks’ hosted VoIP solutions. View a demo today!